Monday, July 9, 2012

Smorgasbord of Song

    Across most of my interests, I've found that I like things buffet-style. I like to have numerous "dishes" to sample and enjoy. In fact, I don't have a problem saying my tastes would feel right at home at The Multicultural Super Duper Buffet of Awesomeness. Of course, as with anything, there are some things that I like more than others. There are some things that I cannot stand. There are times when I'm in the mood for one thing more than another. Here I think I'll focus mainly on my music tastes. Eclectic is probably the best way to describe my musical tastes only because I don't know of a word that would be the hyperbole version of eclectic. I could make up a word. How about Epiclectic? (not sure if I like this new word, perhaps it's too similar to epileptic)
    Pandora Internet Radio has been a godsend. Granted, it is not without it's faults. Let's say for example, you like a Japanese band. Unless they are instrumental, you aren't going to find them here. This is frustrating because my playlist includes Japanese shamisen players, a Korean guitar player, and Croatian cellists, but it doesn't include any of a couple of bands that I really like.
    Well, I guess if I am going to officially call my tastes Epiclectic, (the word is growing on me) I should probably share with you my Pandora playlist as Exhibit A. This way, not only will I be sharing some great music with other people, they might be able to suggest some great music back. Without further ado, here is my current playlist although it is subject to grow:

Weird Al
2 Cellos
Allan Sherman
Bad Religion
Barenaked Ladies
Beastie Boys
Blue Man Group
Da Vinci's Notebook
Dexy's Midnight Runners
Dispatch
Dragonforce
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
Erasure
Five Iron Frenzy
Flight of the Conchords
Flogging Molly
Florence + The Machine
Garfunkel and Oates
Goldfinger
Hammerfall
Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
John Lennon
Jonathan Coulton
Journey
KISS
Less Than Jake
LL Cool J
LMFAO
Madness
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Michael Jackson
Monty Python
Mustard Plug
NOFX
Paul and Storm
Pete Townshend
Queen
Reel Big Fish
Regina Spektor
Richard Cheese
Rob Paravonian
Run DMC
Rush
Rusted Root
Sarah Donner
Skankin' Pickle
Styx
Sugarhill Gang
Sungha Jung
Tenacious D
The Aquabats
The Axis of Awesome
The Beatles
The Dresden Dolls
The Dropkick Murphys
The Lonely Island
The Misfits
The Who
They Might Be Giants
Tom Lehrer
Tripod
Weezer
Yoshida Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment