Sunday, July 8, 2012

Check it out. I have opinions too!

    So, I figured since I do have some pretty strong opinions on some things, I might as well spit them out into the cosmos of the interwebs. Given my generally odd approach to many things, the things I will most likely opine upon will seem rather unimportant. At least in the grand scheme of things they will. Ah ha, but there, my friends, is where you fall into the trap. For you see, once these seemingly insignificant topics are expanded out into the grander scheme....who am I kidding? When I vetch about movies, I'm not going to be doing so with the grand scheme of Art and Entertainments in mind. I could though. I'm sure, whether through playing the devil's advocate or just the use of twisted logic, I could make it all interconnect. Those who know me personally can attest to this.
   I will attempt to keep the rambling to a minimum. This may be more difficult than I am ready to admit. Anyway...onwards!
   I chose to title this blog "Disregarding the Box with Gnomie Svenson." Gnomie Svenson is an avatar and persona I use for some things. As for the rest of the title, it reflects how I like to view the world. There is the common expression about "thinking outside of the box." I find it more freeing to simply disregard the box's existence. Even when you think "outside the box," your thoughts are still in a way connected or viewed in reference to the "box."
   As a word of warning, I'm not really as cynical and angry as I'm sure I'm going to appear in these blogs. I seldom view anything in this world of ours as black or white. I live in a world of philosophical greys, so naturally I find much enjoyment in bitching and opining on things that ultimately don't matter. I'm not out to change your world. I'm just here to let you take a glimpse into mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment